January 14, 2010

CHRISTMAS TIME!!

We spent Christmas Eve this year at home! This is the first year we have ever done that. For Jared and I it was a bit emotional to not do our regular Taylor traditions as a family. This was a hard Christmas with a lot of changes. I missed my mom like crazy!!!!! The kids were also sad to not be at Grandma and Grandpa's to eat our yummy Christmas dinner, sit on Santa's lap, dance and do the "train", sing, listen to Grandpa talk about Jesus, and take pictures in our new pj's with all their cousins. Life changes so fast, we have to really hold everyone dear to us and make the most of each day! Even though it was a different Christmas, I had my husband and my kids who mean more to me than anything else. We are blessed to have each other!!!
The kids opended pj's , and we made a ginger bread house, and went to the movie! (Alvin and the Chipmunks)Of couse we had to leave milk and cookies for dear ol' Santa! Up top is all the grandkids at Great Grandma Kay's on Christmas on the Robertson side. Below is Cambree and Aydia on Christmas night in their pj's from Grandpa and Grandma!Above is the kids watching intently while Aunt Tanya did the Littlest Angel!
Below is all the grandkids on my side on Christmas night!
Until next year!!

3 comments:

Annika said...

It is crazy how fast life does change. Glad you guys made the best of it and had a great time together making new traditions! I was glad we got to see you even if it was for just a little while. All the kids look so cute and it is still crazy how many kids there are now on the Taylor side. Everyone looks so cute!

Sherilyn said...

Very cute family picture of all the PJ's. So glad you hung together and had a fun Christmas Eve. Maybe next year will be better. Love you.

Ali said...

I am sorry to hear how hard Christmas Eve was for you this year. I know last year was a hard one as well. It has been a learning curve for us too, on how life changes in an instant and making the best of the changes. I am happy we are a one big family now but understand how badly you miss your mom and the traditions and life as we know it that have been lost along with her sweet presence in your life. I miss my Dad so much this time of year too!
But on a happy note... that huge loot of kids in matching pj's is pretty dang cute!
Love you Amber!