November 13, 2008

A FUNERAL IS A GREAT TRIBUTE!

My beautiful mother passed away on a Sunday afternoon at home on November 2nd. We knew this day was coming but nothing can prepare you, and as I look back it all sort of seems like a dream.... other than the ache that is left in my heart! Nothing will be the same without her, but life carries on and we all keep those memories close with the faith that we will all be reunited again someday which in only a blink of an eye in Eternity.
This is the beautiful flower arrangement my dad picked for the casket. In it he put my moms flute and her dad's hat which my mom wore a lot!
This is the flower bouquet we picked out from all the grandchildren. In it they put grandmas high heels shoes and her black hat which they all remember.
In this arrangement from all of her children we put the willow tree angels that she has on her dresser of Mother & son, and Mother & daughter.

At the viewing we displayed a lot of my mom's life, it turned out good even though it does not do justice to the type of person she was!
All the boys she held close to her heart carried the casket with heavy hearts.
The Family!

A moment of silence!

The Shelley family! We love you all.

Me and Jared!

"Angel of healing grace!" I love these angels that truly give you love and peace.
"Angel of Remembrance."
I have been overwhelmed with all the love and support from so many. It is so amazing the kindness and service so many give. It is really a blessing to have friends and family who want nothing more than your happiness. Thanks to so many, we love you!
BEAUTIFUL
Your spirit and generosity that you
have towards everyone you meet
Your strength and courage to withstand
obstacles, never giving in to defeat.
Your compassionate nature that
welcomes everyone in need.
Your example of making good choices that
inspire others to follow in your lead.
Your heart full of love and your
willingness to share.
Your diplomacy and desire to
want everyone treated fair.
Because you leave everyone and every place
better than you found them.
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!



6 comments:

Michelle said...

AMBER, I AM SO SORRY ABOUT YOU MOM! MY THOUGHTS ARE PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU DAILY! I REMEMBER THE TIMES SHE CAME INTO THE OFFICE AND I ALWAYS THOUGHT OF HOW BEAUTIFUL SHE WAS!

Erin said...

Amber and Jared,
So sorry to hear about your dear mom. I know it doesn't make the hurt go away, but isn't it great to KNOW that you will see her again? Our prayers are with you. Please let us know if we can do anything.
---Erin

Anonymous said...

Amber,

I want you to know I love you so much. I have been missing Mom alot today and real emotional.
I am really happy you are my sister and that we are an eternal family. I guess I will have to be your Mom for awhile and you will have to be mine. I promise I won't be to bossy. I'll just listen to what you have to say.

Love, Tanny

The Jackson Family said...

I couldn't read that post without getting all teared up. We are so lucky to have the gosple and to know your mom is in a wonderful place. She will surely be missed-My prayers and thoughts go out to you.
Kristy

Sherilyn said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mom and dad and family. I am so happy you posted these pictures and one of your mom as well. I will visit your blog often, as I too miss her a ton. The funeral turned out so great. I was very proud of each child. She left behind a wonderful posterity to live her examples. I love you!
Aunt Shar

Josh and Ashley said...

Amber,
Thank you for sharing those sweet pictures. You're mom always made me feel like part of your family! Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. We definitely LOVE your whole family!
Ashley