March 27, 2009

FRED!


So, last Saturday Kailey and I went to the store to grab a few things. On our way home we passed a guy and his son (on the side of the road) who were saleing baby chicks and ducks for a scout project. Kailey was like a magnet to them and begged me to stop. I said O.K., we could LOOK!!
Well, we ended us coming home with 2 chicks and 1 duck! Let's just say Jared was not a happy camper. I was a softy and knew how much Kailey loves animals and couldn't break her heart again!
So, we don't do so well with animals apparently because the chicks only lived a day. But, Bryant's duck is doing great. He named him Fred of all the names to pick! haha
The kids love him and it is teaching Bry how to have a little responsibility.
All Fred does is squawk, and eat and poop and poop and poop.
Anybody know anything about ducks?











3 comments:

Erin said...

Your kids are lucky to have you as a mom! They'll probably tell their kids about the day you let them get a duck:)
The only thing I know about ducks is what I've learned from your post. Apparently they're noisy and they poop a lot.
--Good luck!

The Jackson Family said...

Wow Amber you are a softy! What a nice mommy--your kids are soooo cute and getting big! I'm sure they'll have fun with that duck--I sugest setting up a swimming pool in the back yare-GOOD LUCK!
Kristy

Sherilyn said...

Poor Fred. He was a nice pet while he lasted. You are such a nice mom! Can't wait to read more about your pets.:-)