February 27, 2008

MAUI, HAWAII



During the second week of February, Jared's work flew us to Hawaii for a week of pure relaxation. It is so worth the 7 hour flight. We stayed right on Wailea in Maui. There were 12 couples plus the three bosses that were there with us. This is the picture taken when we first got to the resort to check in with Greg and Heather. We always have the best time just hangin out! We totally lucked out, and got absolutely perfect weather the whole 8 days.



This is the resort we stayed at, it is called the Fairmont Kei Lani. It has an amazing beach that we loved to lay at and watch the whales . One morning some whales got super close, and there was a mom and it's little baby. So amazing!!!!

Jared and the guys loved to play a heated came of basketball in the pool. They played a lot of PIG, and there is nothing but major competition between all of them. Someone always has to bet something, or it's not a real game!

We always have a great time going to the many restaurants there in Wailea. The food is great, but it is definitely for the seafood lover, which I am not!

We had some amazing adventures snorkeling this time. At this location it was a little rough, and we didn't stay out long, but one of the couples we were with saw a sea turtle just chillin at the bottom of the ocean. The day before Jared and I went with a couple into a private spot that we had to take our lives into our own hands to make it in and out without killing ourselves. It was worth it! We found an amazing spot with clear blue water, and lots of awesome fish and corral. I'm surprising myself doing these daring adventures!



We get very spoiled the night of the company dinner. The setting is so amazing overlooking the ocean and the golf course. They treat us to an excellent dinner, and this is the night they will give the awards out to all those employee's who worked hard enough to make it to this trip to Maui!


Jared and the three owners, presenting him his award. Way to go Jared!!!!

This was the last day in paradise at the pool. We couldn't get enough sun.

Jared and Greg playing football on the beach.


A group of us hangin out at the shops in Waliea. Our favorite place to shop was the ABC store. It had everything you needed to take stuff home to the kids, and all the macadamia nuts you can eat.

Exploring the beautiful sights of Maui. Greg, Ryan, and Jared.

Jared and Greg at the golf course, taking an entire day to compete at the Kapulua golf club! (This comment is for Heather.)

Heather and I at the company tennis match. Let's just say, we didn't win anything!

4 comments:

emeryfam said...

Look at you, you did it! And yours looks better than mine. I need some serious help with my blog! I love that we can keep up with you guys now.

Natalie said...

I am officially jealous! Well maybe now that you are back from being world travelers we can get together again!

Sherilyn said...

What a fun trip! I love Maui and the Wailea area. So glad you had such a great time...you deserve it! Keep up the good work Jared, and look forward to next year. You shared some great photos on your unique blog. Way to go Amber D.
I'm lovin it!
Aunt Shar

Tyler and Kilee said...

Yeah, I finally found your blog! It looks like you had such a fun time in Hawaii! Is that an award or a grammy Jared won? It looks like the kind they get on the award shows! Pretty impressive. I'm also impressed with your daring adventures Amber. Snorkeling, seafood, the whole shebang huh? Good for you! Cute blog!!